About Personal Information Protection (About Handling of Personal Information) of Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN
We shall handle personal information provided by customers for pre-event registration to the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN as follows.
Name of Business Operator
Personal Information Protection Manager (Person Responsible for this Registration Information)
Corporate Communications Department (Japan)
Global Corporate Brand & Communications Division
Nippon Seimei Marunouchi Building, 1-6-6, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8280, Japan
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- · Management of Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN.
- · Sharing information and use of said information for sales activities (including e-mail marketing and advertising such as contacting to registered guests, inviting to seminars) by Hitachi and related third-party companies.
- · Analyzing viewing history of the website and the video contents, as well as event participation log information, using registered information and access logs.
- · Inquiries by calls and mails.
Personal Information Categories
Over the course of our relationship with you, we process personal data that you have provided. Such personal data may include the following categories: location/country, e-mail address, name, company name, department name, job grade, industry sector, job title, IP address that you access from, sort of access device, access history of website, and/or watch history of video contents related to the event.
Sharing of Personal Information
There are cases where we might provide customers' personal information collected for pre-event registration to the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN to third party companies in the following way.
Personal information to be provided
- Personal information provided by customers through pre-event registration, such as name, address, telephone number, company name, and email address
- Access log information
- Questionnaire responses and inquiries
Range of providing information
- · Hitachi Group companies (Japan Only) (open in new window)
- · Management of Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN.
- · Sharing information and use of said information for sales activities (including e-mail marketing and advertising such as contacting registered guests, inviting registered guests to seminars, etc.) by Hitachi and related third-party companies.
- · Analyzing viewing history of the website and the video contents, using registered information and access logs.
- · Inquiries by calls and mails etc.
In addition to the cases specified above, Hitachi may provide personal information third parties without the consent of the person in question in the following cases.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is required by law.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which it would be difficult to obtain the individual's consent and in which it is deemed necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of child welfare.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
Way of information acquisition
By use of this registration process
Way of providing personal information to a third party
Providing access authorization to the Event Site's management screen and providing encoded files in a limited-access environment.
Contract related to personal information protection
Hitachi concludes memorandums with companies with which it shares information, to appropriately handle and protect personal information.
Outsourcing of Handling of Personal Information
Handling of customer information may be outsourced to the extent required to achieve the purpose of use.
A person can refuse to receive a cookie or enable display of a warning message when receiving a cookie by changing their web browser settings. For more details, please see the guidance of the web browser you are using.
You can find out how to change cookie settings of major web browsers at:
Furthermore, a person can reject a web beacon by changing the settings to refuse receipt of a cookie.
Please note, however, that a person who has refused to accept cookies may not be able to use part of our services of Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN provided on the website.
Small text files that a website sends to a user's device in order to store certain information. Cookies may be saved as files on the user's computer. Cookies are used to enable users to navigate a website more conveniently by remembering the user's activities on the website. Cookies can also collect analytical data to improve a website's function and performance, track a person's activities on the internet and allow the website or our AdTech partners to show personalized advertising, or allow a person to share the website's content on social media. Cookies usually identify a user's device and web browser, but we cannot directly identify the user unless the user enters his or her personal information on the website.
*2 Web beacons:
Technology that functions with cookies to check how many times a person accesses a particular page. However, it cannot directly identify the user unless the user accepts cookies and enters his or her personal information on the website.
Acquisition of Access Logs
There are cases where we may use personal information provided by customers or personal information that is collected and recorded automatically on the official website of the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN and other websites provided by Hitachi, for the purposes described above. Automatically collected or recorded personal information includes access log information of customers. Access log information might be linked to customer information when it is recorded, but we only use the information within the scope of the purpose of use of personal information.
Handling of Personal Information Collected through a Demonstration at an Event Venue (Official Website)
At an event venue (official website), we may temporarily save customers' personal information to a hard disk, such as a PC hard disk, when demonstrating a solution or a product. Personal information collected in a demonstration will be physically deleted after the end of the event. We will not reuse or share such information.
About Providing Personal Information
Customers' disclosure of personal information is voluntarily for registering to the Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN.
However, please understand that without providing this personal information, you will not be able to register for “Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN”.
As a data subject, you may have certain rights under applicable law, including the right to:
- · be informed about what personal data about you is being processed, the purpose of the processing, and the recipients to whom the data is being disclosed;
- · correct and/or delete your personal data;
- · request the restriction of processing of your personal data or to object to certain processing activities;
- · request portability of your personal data;
- · object to certain data processing activities;
- · withdraw any consent initially provided;
- · lodge complaints with the local data protection supervisory authority; and
- · receive non-discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
Disclosure of Personal Information and Contact
Customers (or authorized agents acting on behalf of the customer) may request that Hitachi disclose the personal information which the customer provided when registering for Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN. Also, as a result of disclosure, it is possible to request deletion or correction, file complaints and the disclosure of records regarding the provision of personal information to third parties. Hitachi will undertake to verify that the customer making the request is the customer (or by a customer on behalf of the customer's minor child or an authorized agent acting on behalf of the customer) about whom Hitachi has collected personal information by matching the identifying information that the customer (or by a customer on behalf of the customer's minor child or an authorized agent acting on behalf of the customer) has provided with the personal information maintained by Hitachi.
If you would like to make such a request, please contact Hitachi by email using the address at the bottom of the page.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and Citizens of California: Hitachi's Personal Information Handing Practices in the Preceding 12 Months
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected through the Site the following categories of personal information from California residents name, location/country, email address, company name, department name, job grade, industry sector, job title, social issues and keywords that interest you, IP address that you access from, sort of access device, access history of website, and/or watch history of video contents related to the event.
Guidelines on the Protection of Personal Information／Personal Information Protection Policy
Request to Persons
If you are age 14 or younger, please receive the consent of a parent or guardian before entering your personal information.
Legal basis for processing under GDPR：Hitachi processes your personal data based on your consent.
Hitachi is required to handle personal information in ways other than those described above in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other relevant laws or ordinances. Hitachi will not sell personal information under any circumstances.
Hitachi may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information and/or due to the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules or regulations. The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be after the issued date (or revised date).
Hitachi Social Innovation Forum 2023 JAPAN Committee
In case of any inquiries, please contact Hitachi by email. Please read this "About Handling of Personal Information" and agree to the terms and conditions described in it before mailing.
Customers' disclosure of personal information is voluntarily for contacting Hitachi. However, please understand that without providing personal information, Hitachi might not be able to answer questions precisely.
Enacted on August 3, 2023